Governor’s Activities/ Accomplishments for February 20-26, 2017
February 20, 2017 (Monday)
- Flag Raising Ceremony sponsored by the Provincial Youth Affairs Office;
- Spearheaded the distribution of 5 to 10 sacks of rice (depending on the number of students from each school) to eight (8) different elementary schools in the province. The rice allotment is part of the school-based program of the Provincial Government through the Provincial Nutrition Council, headed by Dr. Leoncio Abiera, and the sacks of rice distributed are good for the month of March only;
- Received a 32-seater air-conditioned mini bus donated by a private sector, for the tourism program of the Provincial Government;
- As aid of the province to the malay- Ati Competition held during the 2016 Binirayan Festival, turned over checks worth Php 100,000.00 each, to the municipalities of Hamtic, Belison, Patnongon and Libertad;
- Met with Brgy. Capt. Raul Vista of Brgy. Jinalinan, Bugasong, who invited us to their Religious Fiesta on February 24, 2017, and for the inauguration of their Barangay Road.
- Took time to negotiate with two heirs of Israel family for the use of their private lot, located at the back of the EBJ Sports Complex, as an alternate route for the holding of Palarong Pambansa 2017;
- Attended to numerous official businesses, requests, and other concerns of Antiqueño guests at the Governor’s Office.